SH1 Puhoi to Warkworth
Impressive earthwork cuts for the Puhoi to Warkworth motorway
Our specialist crews have been on the Puhoi to Warkworth project since mid-2018 completing stabilisation of the cuts involving rope access, drilling, and meshing works.
The photos below show the CN1, CN5, CN7 and CS16 cuts, which are some of the cuts which Groundfix have completed drilling and meshing works across the length of the new road.
Most of the works have been completed via rope access or via one of our 4 custom-built and certified man access drill baskets, which have allowed us to complete drilling works up to a vertical height of 50m
So far, Groundfix have installed:
- Approx. 65,000 square metres of DT mesh,
- 3,500 individual rock bolts and crest anchors – over 15,000 lineal metres of drilling,
- 9x 3132kN ultimate capacity strand anchors, 250mm diameter x 27.5m deep to secure the Okahu Bridge Abutment G ,
- 10x 1305kN ultimate capacity strand anchors, 200mm diameter x 22.5m deep to secure the Moir Hill Bridge Abutments,
- Tens of thousands of rope access hours scaling, clearing vegetation, cleaning and meshing.
Slope stabilisation and rock fall protection